Friday 18 December 2015

My complaint against Ghazala Mehboob


I made a complaint against 5 Parish Councillors for not keeping their Register of Interests up to date. The law requires that each Councillor informs the Monitoring Officer of any changes within 28 days. On the top of the form it says:

I, (insert name), a Parish Councillor, give notice that I have set out below under the appropriate headings my interests, which are required to be declared under section 29 of the Localism Act 2011. Within 28 days of becoming aware of any change to the interests specified in this notice, I will provide written notification to the authority's Monitoring Officer of this change.

How this complaint started was having looked at Simon Crocker Register of Interests whether other had done the same. I looked on the Cambourne Parish Council website and found nothing.

(Localism Act 2011 Chapter 7 Section 29 (7) A parish council must, if it has a website, secure that its register is published on its website.)

I looked on the SCDC website and found the Parish Council register of interests. Ghazala has a Register of Interests. A simple search on Google found more information than was declared.

Ghazala was a Director of Meglina Care Service Limited from 24th September 2014 to 19th May 2015. This company was voluntarily dissolved. On 3rd February 2015 Ghazala became a Director of Innate Financial Consultants Ltd.

Both of these should have been on the declared on Ghazala's Register of Interests. They were not and at the time of writing they still haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment