Friday 18 December 2015

My complaint against Simon Crocker


I made a complaint against 5 Parish Councillors for not keeping their Register of Interests up to date. The law requires that each Councillor informs the Monitoring Officer of any changes within 28 days. On the top of the form it says:

I, (insert name), a Parish Councillor, give notice that I have set out below under the appropriate headings my interests, which are required to be declared under section 29 of the Localism Act 2011. Within 28 days of becoming aware of any change to the interests specified in this notice, I will provide written notification to the authority's Monitoring Officer of this change.

How this complaint started was a Conservative Leaflet that came through my door. It stated that Simon Crocker is a Parish Clerk at Caldecote Parish Council. I looked on the Parish Council website because by law the Register of Interests must be published and found nothing.

(Localism Act 2011 Chapter 7 Section 29 (7) A parish council must, if it has a website, secure that its register is published on its website.)

I looked on the SCDC website and found the Parish Council register of interests.

As can be seen from the entry copied from the website, Simon Crocker was unemployed. I looked on the Caldecote Parish Council website and found that Simon was employed from 7/3/2013. Some 2 years and 5 months he had been employed yet hadn't updated his Register of Interests.

Simon is a Parish Clerk of Caldecote Parish Council; Chairman of Cambourne Parish Council; is a member of the Society of Local Council Clerks and holds the Certificate in Local Council Administration (Cilca). Having all these positions and qualifications he still did not know he needed to keep up to date his Register of Interests. This seems rather doubtful.

I see that Simon Crocker has updated his Register of Interests, well over 2 years too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment